About the Role
• To greet guests at all times with a friendly and helpful manner.
• Maintain knowledge of Front Office (FO) standard operating procedures.
• Performs guests check ins and check outs and ensure accurate data entry into hotel system with accordance to reservations.
• To assist guests with requests including assisting them with luggage.
• In the absence of Public Area Cleaner, conduct corridor and public area checks, general cleaning
• In the absence of Houseman, carryout guest supplies and amenities request delivery.
• Maintaining cashier float and ensures accurate daily reporting of all money received.
• Printing Cashier report and provide attach dockets as well as generating End of Days reports.
• Ensure that the day is rolled over on the computer system after ensuring all night processes have been completed.
• Keep an eye on the general public areas and ensure no one is wandering around unnecessarily.
• Secure premise by locking entrance/ doors/ other access (by 11.30pm or according to Operating Procedures).
• To report any operational concerns to the head of the department.
• To notify Senior Operations Manager of any situations that might occur during their absence when necessary.
• Prepare box breakfasts according to bookings.
• To be aware of all modifications to accounting and FO policies and procedures.
• Attends to guest's complaints, inquiries and requests.
• Inspect front of house and back of house regularly for cleanliness.
• Recognise hotel social occasion guest, Program Members (if applied) and VIPs guests.
At least 1 Year night Audit/ reception experience.
Good local knowledge.
Can do and fast learner attributes.
Adaptable to difficult situation.
Well-presented and enthusiastic.
Excellent communication and customer skills.
Professional management and leadership skills.
Demonstrate promptness and punctuality.
Flexible to work at different shifts (including weekends).
Ability to priorities tasks.
Able to work graveyard shifts.
Flexible to work all shifts including weekends.
Valid driving license.
About the Company
1912, The year of the Titanic, was when the lobby and entrance of the Auckland City Hotel - Hobson St was originally erected. The hotel has retained the character and charm of its past enhanced with a new building housing 138 rooms with contemporary decor and modern conveniences.
The Auckland City Hotel is ideally located at 157 Hobson Street - in the heart of Auckland's entertainment and business district with easy access to motorways. Only five minutes' walk to the Sky Tower, Aotea Square, Civic Theatre and Queen Street, the Auckland City Hotel offers convenient, environmentally friendly accommodation for business and leisure travelers alike. Enjoy a meal at hotel Cafe & Restaurant, renew with a read of the Word for Today in our rooms or relax with a workout at our offsite gym and swimming pool, the Auckland City Hotel is called to serve more than just your accommodation needs.
For more information, visit www.aucklandcityhotel.co.nz